Who will you become at night?

Scarecrow of the Night

Khris Pumpil

Scarecrow of the Night

Post by Khris Pumpil on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:49 am

Khris peeked out of his room from Iivari's flat. He'd been living with Iivari for a little while, neither of them knowing they were both Rescuers. It was nighttime, so Khris was in his night form hoping not to wake up Iivari. He snuck out of the house and jumped down to the streets below. He made a soft thud and giggled, standing as if it was nothing. He hoped to meet some new people tonight, wether they tried to kill him or not.
    Iivari Owen

Re: Scarecrow of the Night

Post by Iivari Owen on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Iivari exited the Library. It was time to fight tonight and he was about ready to change into his nightform when he saw something so strange he had to stop and stare. There was a scarecrow just outside the library, giggling. He stares for a minute before walking up to it. "......Excuse me...... whats with the costume?" He might be a robber trying to conceal himself in a strange costume. Iivari knew he could afford anything being stolen. More importantly Khris was still asleep in his room. No way in hell he'd ever let a robber anywhere near him. Hopefully asking questions would scare him away from the area. He didn't want any trouble if it wasn't necessary. He just wanted to be left alone.
    Khris Pumpil

Post by Khris Pumpil on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:39 am

Khris jumped, startled. When he turned to see who it was, he giggled a little more. It was just Iivari~ "Costume?" Khris wondered if now would be a good time to prank him... Nah, he liked Iivari too much for that... then again it could never hurt... Oh wait, the library. "...I can see how you think it's a costume I guess~"
    Iivari Owen

Post by Iivari Owen on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Iivari raised an eyebrow. The voice sounded familiar. This must be one of Khris's pranks. He was impressed on how well he was able to control the scarecrow. It was a lot taller than him. "Well Khris, I could be thinking about the costume but quite honestly I'm still stuck on how you got out of the library without me noticing. Did you jump out your window? You know that's dangerous." He scolded.
    Khris Pumpil

Post by Khris Pumpil on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Khris had absolutely no clue what to do now. Iivari already knew, and he didn't know if he could trust Iivari with his secret. "...Well I didn't die~!" He giggled nervously.
    Iivari Owen

Post by Iivari Owen on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Iivari gives Khris a stern look. "That's not the point! The point is you could have! What if you had gotten hurt? Do you have any idea how that would make me feel? You can't do things like jumping out a window! I don't care about this scarecrow prank, it's not as important as your safety! Now take that thing off and get inside. Now."
    Khris Pumpil

Post by Khris Pumpil on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:52 pm

"Eh? B-but, Iivari! Trust me, I can't get hurt like this!" Khris didn't want to go back. He'd have to break out again anyway so he could do his job.
    Iivari Owen

Post by Iivari Owen on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:55 pm

"Right, there's no possible way you could get hurt stumbling around the streets wearing a scarecrow." He grabs Khris's arm. "Now take that off!"
    Khris Pumpil

Post by Khris Pumpil on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Khris's arm is easily crushed in Iivari's grip as if we was an old rag doll that a kid would carry. Pffff crud. Iivari's probably gonna find out now...
    Iivari Owen

Post by Iivari Owen on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Iivari blinks, confused. Where was his arm? He reaches over and grips his shoulder firmly. The same thing happened. Iivari stays silent for a moment. "Khris..... is there something you want to tell me about how you somehow aren't in your costume?"
    Khris Pumpil

Post by Khris Pumpil on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 pm

"Um...... Puppetry~?" His face would have been perfect for poker. Not the tone of his voice though.
    Iivari Owen

Post by Iivari Owen on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Iivari takes both of his shoulders and turns Khris to face him. "Khris, you don't need to lie to me. If I'm going to take care of you I'm going to need you to trust me. You don't have to tell me everything if it makes you uncomfortable but I need some form of the truth. I promise I won't be mad or anything. Just... what happened to your body?"
    Khris Pumpil

Post by Khris Pumpil on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Khris wasn't moving as he thought about what to say. Iivari was a logical person, so he wouldn't be likely to freak out. Khris took a deep breath as he prepared to tell Iivari the truth. "I-I'm an angel! I would have told you sooner, but I couldn't because of what I have to do!" He started to flail his arms around slightly apologizing over and over again.
    Iivari Owen

Post by Iivari Owen on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Iivari kind of stares at him for a second before closing his eyes, smirking and shaking his head. He hugs Khris's raggedy body. "You're not the only one here Khris." He stands back and changes into his nightform, spreading his huge wings out wide. "Guess we both secrets huh?"
    Khris Pumpil

Post by Khris Pumpil on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Khris took a giant breath in. "OH MAH GLOB YOU'RE A RESCUER TOO THAT'S SO AWESOME I WISH I KNEW SOONER~!! He glomped Iivari squealing in delight.
    Iivari Owen

Post by Iivari Owen on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:33 pm

Iivari hugged his floppy rag body smiling a bit. "I would have told you but I wasn't sure you would understand. Guess you do though. Just one question though......" He looks Khris straight in his button eyes. "Why a scarecrow? I mean I've seen some weird rescuer night forms but this is the strangest.... no offence." He didn't mind him being a scarecrow. He loved Khris regardless of what he looked like. He just didn't understand how he could be something that shouldn't be alive.
    Khris Pumpil

Post by Khris Pumpil on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:41 am

"Hm? Oh I was never alive to begin with~" He giggled a little. "I'm literally a real scarecrow! From a farm and everything~ I'm looking for someone who used to play with me a bunch, because they went to this war... Their parents brought me to life to bring them back..." He looked down sighing sadly.
    Iivari Owen

Post by Iivari Owen on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:12 pm

Iivari just kinda looks at him with a WTF face for a minute after letting go of him. He wasn't.....alive? He was a scarecrow given a conscious? He thought Khris might have had a strange past but not THAT strange. "................" He wasn't quite sure what to say to that. What were you supposed to say to your adopted scarecrow? This was so weird. "Well..... um...... I hope you find your friend?" Since he was pretty much just magic that could think and was possessing a scarecrow was he even a real person? He seemed to think like a normal kid. He had emotions and needs like one. But did that make him real? Magic could simulate a lot of things. Was this just to help convince the kid to come back? Why else give him feelings? And why a child? This scarecrow was obviously pretty old but it took the form and mental state of a child. Was that also to convince the kid to come back? To make it seem like their old friend wanted them to come back even though the friend was never actually alive? What would happen to Khris once the kid was brought back? As much as Iivari tried to sort out Khris he couldn't. There was no way to tell if he was a real person in a scarecrow form or a scarecrow made to seem like a person.
    Khris Pumpil

Post by Khris Pumpil on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Khris stared at Iivari. "Thanks?" He noticed something off about Iivari. He seemed to be confused. Khris had never seen Iivari confused before. "............Are you alright Iivari?
    Iivari Owen

Post by Iivari Owen on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:50 am

Iivari snaps out of it. "Don't worry about me, I'm just a bit shocked that's all." He looks at Khris with a bit of a curious look. "Khris... do you feel like you're alive?"
    Khris Pumpil

Post by Khris Pumpil on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:13 pm

Khris tilted his head and shrugged. "What do you mean by 'Do you feel Alive'? I... I can see things, and feel emotion, I know what should hurt my body... even though I don't feel physical pain..." Khris giggled. "Why do you ask?"
    Iivari Owen

Post by Iivari Owen on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Iivari smiles and pats him on the back. "Just curious. Never met a scarecrow before." He takes Khris's hand. "Now how about we go out together? I'll have your back." He was really just worried about Khris getting ripped apart like a rag doll. He couldn't keep Khris from fighting but he would do all he could to keep him safe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:53 pm